We offer services in the production of flexible packaging: labels, monofilms, duplex and triplex laminates in flexographic printing technology, with solvent or solventless lamination.
The manufacturing operations of Pro–Flex S.A. are subdivided into the following technological departments:
Printing forms preparation department
Our company has at its disposal a studio in which graphic materials are created. We use modern solutions in graphics processing, proofing and printing forms preparation. We make printing forms in Kodak NX technology, in standard 133 and 150 lpi line screens. It ensures maximum saturation of prints.
Ink preparation department
We prepare printing inks for orders ourselves. Our components supplier is a leading producer of pigments, varnishes and additives. The ink kitchen is based on Inkmaker Dispensing System P32 mixing room. We can reproduce any given colour owing to the implemented InkFormulation platform. Colour repeatability of the printed colours is ensured by the control of the standard spectrophotometers and Colour Quality software.
The implemented Colour Management involves the whole production process, from the preparation of a graphic design to the final print. Colour management procedures involve:
- Colour profiles of printing presses created for any kind of base
- colour assessment:
- creating ink recipes– InkFormulation
- colour accuracy control– Colour Quality
Color Quality uses advanced software to control colour. The analysis of reproduced colours is performed on the basis of a saved model. The measurement of colour consists of automatic colour control with the information on colour consistency with the model and fulfilling the quality requirements of a client. It guarantees the repeatibility of orders and uniform colours of the whole production batch.
Flexographic printing department
We use printing materials of the highest quality. We have two printing presses from Windmöller&Höllscher --Miraflex 8 AM. Due to their technical construction, equipment and efficiency we can offer services which meet the expectations of the most demanding clients and guarantee the highest quality of print. We can print on any packaging materials roll to roll, keeping the technical parameters stable. As the printing presses are equipped in Insetter, we can print selected structural varnishes such as matt, paper touch and even 8+8 synchronised print in register.
We use equipment from JM Heaford and Flexologic to assemble printing forms . The repeated coating of ink is made possible by a washer that cleans anilox rolls from Flexo Wash. We were one of first companies to start HD printing from printing forms with 150 lpi in Kodak NX technology. We have our own production line to produce them.
We have three laminating machines. We use solvent-based and solventless adhesives in the process. We overlay in cold seal register also structural varnishes and functional layers. The control of aromatic amines ensures the safety of packaging in our laminates.
Cutting and sorting department
Our modern cutting machines cut printed, laminated packaging materials very quickly while maintaining the high standard of a reel. We can wind the finished product on cores 70mm, 76mm, 152mm in diameter. We have an option of cutting paper owing to the use of disc knives and equipment for pushing and receiving heavy rolls.
We have an unrivalled experience in printing projects in High Definition. Owing to the use of specialized anilex ceramic rolls with a high line screen, as well as a digital preparation in Flexcel NX technology, produced by KODAK, we offer a print with 175 lpi line screen (tonal range of ΔD>1,70, the smallest reproducible point on the print of 8%).
Technological abilities of print
We have at our disposal the following technological options for print:
- obtaining print with selective gloss/matte effect
- obtaining print with selective effect imitating paper, which is hard to distinguish from real paper
- obtaining print with selective gold or silver mirror effect, which is achieved with the use of super silver ink
Quality control laboratory
Pro–Flex S.A. guarantees its customers not only the high quality of manufactured products, but primarily the hygienic safety in its broadest sense. We can guarantee that the manufactured packaging contains no substances that are harmful or hazardous to human life or health, or to the environment.
Pro–Flex S.A. guarantees not only the high quality of manufactured products, but primarily the hygienic safety in its broadest sense. It is paramount to us that the manufactured packaging contains no substances that are harmful or hazardous to human life or health, or to the environment.
The control of quality parameters of materials, semi-finished products and finished products is effected with the use of:
- Gas chromatograph produced by Perkin Elmer—Clarus 580—used primarily to monitor solvents in the wake of the printing process (the main impact of too large a quantity of solvents involves the barrier qualities of the packaging, which is tied to the penetration of substances into the product as well as sensory–related changes in the product),
- Strength testing device produced by Zwick—used to control the strength of interlayer connections in the produced laminates
- Barcode checker produced by Integra—allows verifying printed barcodes for conformity with norms in force as well as clients’ specifications
- Lighted laboratory table with normalised light, analogous to day light—samples are visually assessed after printing to check their quality
- Electronic micrometer—allowing for a very precise gage of materials and products
- Thermal chamber
- Laboratory scales
- Laboratory heat sealer
- Cutters for samples—devices helping in both cutting samples for grammage and delamination force tests.
- We also conduct specialised tests – in this scope we cooperate with accredited laboratories
Packaging materials that we produce conform to legal requirements and can be used for direct contact with food. All printing samples subject to physical testing are also inspected visually on a specially adapted light table and with normalized light corresponding to day light.